ST Catherine’s Pool
ST CATHERINE’S GIRLS SCHOOL: Suitable for Intermediate, Advanced and Squad swimmers. All lessons are 30 minutes; with 2 children per group other than for the last advanced group when there are 3 children in a lane.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE A TERM, WE ARE UNABLE TO USE ST CATHERINE’S DUE TO OPEN DAYS
If this falls on a Saturday, we do a catch-up on the following Sunday.
If this falls on a mid-week evening, we do a catch-up at the end of term.
St Catherine’s school is suitable for
- Intermediate Swimmers (i.e. those who have good technique on front and back crawl for a minimum of 5m)
- Advanced Swimmers (i.e. those who can maintain good technique on front and back crawl with various breathing patterns on front crawl over 1 length minimum)
- Squad swimmers (i.e. children who are good enough to join a competitive swimming club, but who do not want to commit to the rigours that would be demanded).
- Adult Swimmers: for beginners up to the competitive swimmers, and all levels in between.
Intermediate and Advanced lessons are taught in the pool at the same time and are 30 minutes long:
- Monday: 4.15pm, 4.45pm. 5.15pm, 5.45pm
- Tuesdays: 5.15pm, 5.45pm, 6.15pm;
- Wednesdays: 5.15pm, 5.45pm, 6.15pm; 6.45pm
- Thursdays: 5.15pm, 5.45pm, 6.15pm
- Fridays: 4.15pm, 4.45pm, 5.15pm, 5.45pm
- morning – first session starts 8.30am – 9am; last session 11.30am – 12 noon;
- no lessons 12 noon to 1pm
- afternoons – first session 1pm – 1.30pm; last session is 4pm – 4.30pm
SQUADS And Adult lessons also take place at St Catherine’s. Please get in touch for current timings.
Description: Full sized 18 metre pool with variable depth to a maximum of 3m.
- Intermediate swimmers: 3 tutors in the shallow end of the pool with a maximum of 2 children each.
- Advanced swimmers: 2 tutors with maximum 3 children each;.
- Squads: Up to 4 children per lane; maximum 12 children in the whole pool;
How to find the pool: The school is on the corner of Cross Deep and Pope’s Grove, Twickenham (opposite the Alexander Pope pub).
During the school week, the area does get congested particularly when St. Catherine’s pupils are collected between 4 – 4:30pm. There are a small number of parking meters outside the school entrance on Cross Deep itself. These take 20p coins, and cost 20 pence per 10 minutes. In Pope’s Grove, you may park on the school zig-zag after 4:30pm. There are also a number of resident bays marked all along this road, which are open to anyone to use after 10am.