The Mall Pool
The Mall School is suitable for:
- Intermediate Swimmers (i.e. those who have good technique on front and back crawl for a minimum of 5m)
- Advanced Swimmers (i.e. those who can maintain good technique on front and back crawl with various breathing patterns on front crawl over 1 length minimum)
Intermediate and Advanced lessons are taught in the pool at the same time and are 30 minutes long :
Mondays only: lessons start 3.30pm, 4pm, 4.30pm, 5pm, 5.30pm
- Changing facilities: large communal changing rooms with cubicles for older children if they would like privacy.
- Tutor ratio: 3 children in each intermediate group with the tutor in the water. For advanced groups 4 children per group with tutor out of the water.
- Viewing lessons: Parents are not allowed on poolside, but there is a large window through which you can stand and watch the lessons in progress or there are benches in the changing room where you can sit whilst lessons are in progress.
The school is on Hampton Road, very close to a few local landmarks – Fulwell Bus and Train Station; Squires Garden Centre; The Old Goat and Loch Fyne Restaurants.
Parking: There is no on-site parking, but plenty of residential roads that are within a few minutes walk. The best places are Golf Side and Stanley Road (behind the Loch Fyne Restaurant); Wellesley Road; Fifth Cross Road. Hampton Road near the school itself has lots of parking restrictions. As the council seems to be extending restricted parking everywhere, we would advise you to check carefully before parking on any road.