Why Choose Us?
There are lots of local swimming providers – so why choose us?
We take our responsibility to prevent community transmission of COVID very seriously. But over-arching all our new procedures to keep swimmers and staff safe, our focus is on the experience swimmers have when they come to Springboard. We will ensure the lessons are:
- In very small groups:
- 2 children in a group for the vast majority of children;
- 3 in a lane for very advanced swimmers and squads;
- Adults never have more than 9 people in the pool at any one time;
- These ratios enable tutors to get to know their swimmers well and focus on improving areas each individual needs rather than following a program, as well as leaving time for fun!
- With tutors who are not only brilliant at their job but also warm and kind to the children; people I would pick to teach my own children
- Focused on teaching a graceful, easy style of swimming that will help them swim for longer and faster than with poor technique;
- Physically demanding but fun;
- Working at an essential life-skill that has the potential to save their or other’s lives;
- Genuinely social distanced: we do not say ‘where possible’! We WILL follow at all times all the Swim England and Government guidelines to keep both swimmers and staff safe. You can download for yourself what these guidelines are, but we have also put a summary at the bottom of this page.
Some Other Reasons to join us:
As a not-for-profit sports club, we offer excellent lessons at a very reasonable price without having to compromise on quality. Your fees are for the cost of running the lessons and improving the club, not for a director’s profit.
- When your child joins the Springboard swimming family, they are guaranteed spaces in appropriate groups and pools for as long and as far they want to go – no more waiting lists and a smooth transition between stages with familiar tutors and language.
- Our lessons are for children from 3 years of age, through all the stages of swimming to 4 levels of non-competitive squads, rookie lifeguards and adult lessons at 4 different venues across the London Borough of Richmond.
- Retention rates have always been over 95% each term since the club began 20 years ago, and often are higher than that due to the excellence of what we do. This does make for a bit of a waiting list for non-swimmers and beginners in particular, but it is most definitely worth the wait and the sooner you join our waiting list, the sooner you’ll be able to start with our excellent tutors. We have some limited immediate availability for children who need stroke improvement or would like to join a non-competitive, fun squad.
- We have 2 lovely ladies working as a full-time administrative team – Lorraine and Kate. They are available from 9am – 5pm from Monday to Friday and are very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Send an email which will be responded to usually same day but always within 24 hours maximum.
Swim England Guidelines During The Coronavirus Pandemic
The guidance from Swim England can be downloaded by anyone from the internet for you to read yourself, but guidance is that all swimmers
- Must maintain a 6 metre square distance from another swimmer whilst in the water, and 2m whilst out of the water
- The maximum bather load of 6 metre square should only be used for activities where you can guarantee that all swimmers will be moving at the same direction and speed as each other e.g. squads and aqua-aerobics type activities; otherwise further adjustments must be made.
This is based on the premise that COVID is transmitted through air droplets, and with swimmers working hard and therefore breathing heavier, the droplets are likely to travel further.
Swim England can only guide, it is not the law by which we must operate under or close, but our insurance may be invalidated if there were any accident and we weren’t following this guidance. Even if that were not the case, we don’t want to operate with any risk to the children’s or tutor’s health.
Feb Half Term & Easter Courses
One 2 One and One 2 Two lessons in Richmond for non-swimmers, foundation stage and intermediate/stroke improvement.